'Lotus Frame, Phurba & Dorje', Tibetan Wall Hanging Art
There is no other piece like this in the world - this cannot be emphasised enough! Each square piece of pangden comes from a different region in Tibet, from which can be found a rich history in itself. Intertwining hundreds of these pieces together creates layer upon layer of stories, tradition, heritage, ancient Tibetan spinning and weaving techniques, and literally lifetimes lived - all of this interwoven into this one piece of art.
- Dimensions: 158cm x 195cm
- 100% organic, raw, sustainable, and ethically harvested wool from the Tibetan Plateau
- eco friendly: a percentage goes directly into the HH Environmental Fund
- directly supports the maker - learn more here
- 1-5 years waiting for the material and the color combination.
- 60 days of stitching the pieces together at 8 hours per day.
The textiles from the Tibetan aprons for this piece are found from across Tibet and the capital Lhasa. The natural dye used for the colours are:
- Saffron for yellow color
- Indigo for blue color
- Madder for red color
- The white color is the wool's natural color
Lotus, Phurba and Dorje in Buddhist symbology?
- The lotus: The meaning of a lotus in Buddhism is used as an analogy in how it merges from the 'mud of our confusion', symbolising how we can awaken to our innate wisdom and compassion - as a fully blossomed lotus flower.
- The phurba: Is a triple-bladed ritual dagger that is used in highest yoga tantra practices, symbolising the ability to cut through the delusions of our mind. To learn more click here.
- The Dorje: The dorje (in Tibetan), also known as vajra (in Sanskrit) means 'the hard ' or 'mighty one', represents the indestructible and 'hard' and brilliant nature of a diamond that cannot be destroyed, cut or broken.
Courier Shipping & Insurance is Included!
This item will be courier shipped from Nepal directly to your front door. Because this piece of art is invaluable, the cost of insurance and the cost of courier shipping (and all packaging and handling) is included in the product's price. You will be given a tracking number once the item is sent. Shipping may take from 3 - 14 days, due to the pandemic / limited number of flights.