'Dze Stone Design with Garuda Beak', Tibetan Wall-Hanging Art
There is no other piece like this in the world - this cannot be emphasised enough! Each square piece of pangden comes from a different region in Tibet, from which can be found a rich history in itself. Intertwining hundreds of these pieces together creates layer upon layer of stories, tradition, heritage, ancient Tibetan spinning and weaving techniques, and literally lifetimes lived - all of this interwoven into this one piece of art.
- Dimensions: 81cm x 121cm
- 100% organic, raw, sustainable, and ethically harvested wool from the Tibetan Plateau
- eco friendly: a percentage goes directly into the HH Environmental Fund
- directly supports the maker - learn more here
- hand-made & hand-spun
- 1-2 years selecting the material and the color combination.
- 15 days of stitching the pieces together at 8 hours per day.
The textiles from the Tibetan aprons and yak blankets for this piece are found from across Central and Southern Tibet, from Kerong, bordering Nepal, and from Ngari and Gyantse. The natural dye used for the colours are:
- Saffron for yellow color
- Indigo for blue color
- Madder for red color
- The white color is the wool's natural color
COURIER SHIPPING & INSURANCE IS INCLUDED!
This item will be courier shipped from Nepal directly to your front door. Because this piece of art is invaluable, the cost of insurance and the cost of courier shipping (and all packaging and handling) is included in the product's price. You will be given a tracking number once the item is sent. Shipping may take from 3 - 14 days, due to the pandemic / limited number of flights.