'Double Endless Knot in Pink & Green', Tibetan Wall-hanging Art
There is no other piece like this in the world - this cannot be emphasised enough! Each square piece of pangden comes from a different region in Tibet, from which can be found a rich history in itself. Intertwining hundreds of these pieces together creates layer upon layer of stories, tradition, heritage, ancient Tibetan spinning and weaving techniques, and literally lifetimes lived - all of this interwoven into this one piece of art.
- Dimensions: 48cm x 95cm
- 100% organic, raw, sustainable, and ethically harvested wool from the Tibetan Plateau
- eco friendly: a percentage goes directly into the HH Environmental Fund
- directly supports the maker - learn more here
- hand-made & hand-spun
- 1-5 years selecting the material and the color combination.
- 15 days of stitching the pieces together at 8 hours per day.
The textiles from the Tibetan aprons for this piece are found from across Central Tibet, from Lhatse and Shegar and even from Mustang - bordering Nepal and Tibet. The natural dye used for the colours are:
- Saffron for yellow color
- Indigo for blue color
- Madder for red color
- The white color is the wool's natural color
Because of the Lockdown situation in Kathmandu, shipping prices are higher than normal. It is impossible to get a fixed rate as everything is constantly changing week-to-week and even sometimes day-to-day. Shipping by courier (DHL, FedEx, etc) will cost extra. The item will be shipped by courier to your front door and you will be given a tracking number upon shipment. Insurance is also available for 1% of the item's value.